Shortly after publishing yesteday’s post (Talk About the Passion), a close friend of mine sent me a link to Holstee’s site. Holstee is a design group who’s tagline is “Wear Your Passion”. What was interesting is that they have published what they call The Holstee Manifesto. It’s really a manifesto about life and passion. It’s especially relevant since another friend of mine is going through a life changing moment at her current job and sent me an email this morning in which she said “I just need to love what I do again, because right now my daily work is becoming soul crushing.” Nobody should have to feel that way on a daily basis and you have the power to change it whenever you want to.
So, in light of yesterday’s post and my friend’s email this morning, I thought this was worth sharing. It has great advice for anyone doing some soul searching and trying to figure out what’s important in life. Some of my favorite lines from the manifesto:
- If you don’t like something, change it.
- If you don’t like your job, quit.
- Ask the next person you see what their passion is and share your inspiring dream with them.
- Life is about the people you meet, and the things you create with them so go out and start creating.
- Live your dream, and wear your passion.
I hope you find this manifesto as interesting and inspiring as I did. Here it is in all it’s simple glory:
Read the rest of this post